List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [Karbon14] Toolbars/Action vs Tools
From:       John Hughes <johughes () shaw ! ca>
Date:       2002-09-21 16:31:29

On September 20, 2002 06:51 am, kudling@kde.org wrote:
> > > itself are in the same file. The corresponding command should be
> > > included there as well.
> >
> > That's already the fact for the clipart tool...
>
> Hm, if we could turn the tools into actions we could merge all stuff
> from commands/ into the corresponding files in tools/. This is needed
> for tool plugins in the end.
> The problem is currently that we have commands which have no tool and
> will never have (path commands). But these could live inside an action
> each.
>
> What prevents that? The K*Tollbar-doesn't do-what-we-need problem. What
> were the problems exactly?
> One was, we couldn't insert (layout) QWidgets. Is that solved now (there
> were some changes in the toolbar area)?

Tools and commands will have to be merged, and made to use KAction. The only
way (that I've found) to access a tool is by having the tool export a
KAction, and then defining a toolbar button etc. in the .rc file.

The plugins have no actual direct contact with the rest of the app, as in
getting passed a pointer etc in the ctor. This is probobly how it should be
anyways.

Can the dockers be made to be configured from an .rc file? This is imperative.
--
Later,

-John