List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [Karbon14] Paths and Composites
From:       Dirk_Schönberger <dirk.schoenberger () sz-online ! de>
Date:       2002-09-16 22:12:12

> > P.S. I tried to use Karbon14 with my latest snapshot. SOme comments form
> > me: - would it be possible to use the rotate tool / command with
something
> > sensible, like the center of the bounding box of the selected elements.
> > find the current behaviour extremely confusing.

> This is a Qt bug or better: a change in behaviour. Very odd for a non
minor
> version change, if you ask me.

I'd rather believe it is a case of unfortunate choosen coordinates.
If you use basic Object coordinates for rotation, the results aren't
necessarily what you expect. For proper results, you should subtract the
VObject coordinates from the coordinates of the center of the bounding box,
or do a translate affine transformation.

Regards
Dirk

So for a coordinate pair of (100,100) and a center of the bbox of (120,
120), you use (-20,20) as coordinates for the rotation, instead of (100,100)

D.