List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [kspread] ATAN2 doesn't work
From:       Werner Trobin <trobin () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-09-16 6:04:24

On Saturday 14 September 2002 20:08, Ariya Hidayat wrote:

> Simply because ATAN2 is recognized as cell reference (col ATAN2 and row 2),
so
> any formula using ATAN2 will failed. The following patch is a really nasty
> hack that work around the problem.
>
> Right now I'm still testing the KSpreadFormula class for fast RPN-based
> formula engine (replacement for KoScript). Once it's ready, we could be free
> from such hacks. In the mean time, if someone needs ATAN2, this patch is
your
> friend.

Hi!

Do we allow "ATAN" as column name (i.e. are there that many columns that we
might have to use "ATAN")? We don't support more than 17602 columns, right?
Then we don't need column identifiers with more than 3 letters, and you could
fix the bug where it happens (in the ugly code parsing those cell names).

Please tell me if I'm missing something, then I'll try to fix the shift/reduce
conflict.

Ciao,
Werner