List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Making KSpread ready for release
From:       Ariya Hidayat <ariya () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-08-29 1:48:56

> #38875: File save crashes Linux
Never heard anything again since June. Maybe we need to close this bug.

> #44514: KSpread crashes after Paste
I can't reproduce it. I've mailed Frank (the reporter) and he said he will try
it with latest CVS. But I don't get any news from him yet.

> #47074: field overlapped from left causes crash
Can't reproduce.

> #31448: Bad import data from file & clipboard
> 	=> works for me :-)
Really ? I think it's really about KOI8-R set. I don't give it a try, tough.

> #35278: wrong interest rate in continuous function
> 	=> don't know anything about this one
This function is not in Excel, or I don't know to which it relates.

> #36961: Font properities in cells and arrow keys
> 	=> Wishitems? (Font for parts of a cell and using left-right keys in
> editor => see thread "KSpread Left-Right in Editor"  for more info
The first of course a wish, because it can be only using KoTextObject (that
is, for 1.3). The second is a known problem.

> #41864: the right border of the legend box is mssing
> 	=> KChart bug, isn't it? Reassign?
No, if you try in KWord, then everything's OK.

> #44928: kSpread printing incorrect (doesn't fill page)
> 	=> Philip, fixed, isn't it?
I believe, not yet. I still play around with it.

> #45004: IF function parameters text
> 	=> nothing that can be fixed easily I guess.
Yes, this will require big changes first.

> #45822: opening files from sftp doesn't work
> 	=>??
It's strange because KWord works fine.

> #46237: Chart restoration problem in loading files
> 	=> asked submitter for sample file >2 weeks ago, got no answer up to now
> 	=> my charts get reloaded correctly
Me, too. Perhaps we just close it ?

> #46917: in kspread dates entered always assumed relative to 1900
> 	=> is this a bug or more a wish to make this configurable?
It's a bug. But I'll commit my patch which fixes it (another e-mail).

> What about an RC2? We've fixed so many things, that it would be reasonable
> to do that. If no problems occur with RC2 we still can release it as 1.2
> one or two weeks later. But we will get more people testing the release
> code and not the "old" rc1. Nobody wants to use / will use a buggy KOffice,
> so another test cycle would be helpful, if you'd ask me.
> The real release date would be tomorrow.
Well, that's up to our release coordinator: David.  IMHO all the crashes are
not reproduceable, so they're not showstopper. Thus, I vote for "release".