List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KSpread Fix: unmerge
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-08-27 21:19:36

A possible way is (where file.cpp is the file that you want to commit)

# make a copy of the whole directory first (to have a backup)
mv file.cpp file.cpp.new
cvs update file.cpp
diff -u file.cpp file.cpp.new > patch.txt
# edit your patch file patch.txt. Unified diff hunks starts with @@, you can
#  remove the hunks that you do not want to commit.
patch --verbose --backup file.cpp < patch.txt
# check with an editor the file to see that it is really what you want.
# Another possibility for checking is to do "diff -u file.cpp.orig file.cpp"
cvs commit file.cpp

If you want to work on more than a file at a time, you can aslo do it with
this method, either file by file or doing each step for all files. In any
case, you need only to commit one time in this case.

***

If you really want to it one directory (dir) at a time, you can do:

# start from the parent directory of dir
mv dir dir.new
cvs update dir
diff -u dir dir.new > patch.txt
# edit your patch