List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Lotus 123 import filter
From:       Ariya Hidayat <ariya () tf ! itb ! ac ! id>
Date:       2002-08-26 6:25:27

Hi Tim,

> Is anyone working on, or has anyone worked on a filter to import Lotus 123
> release 4 spreadsheet files (*.wk4) into kspread? I couldn't find any
> description of the file format on the web, although I did find some info on
> the earlier Lotus 123 file formats.
Nobody has worked on this, so feel free to contribute. As for the file format,
IIRC wotsit.org has some pointers to Lotus 1-2-3 file format, although I'm
not sure it's version 4. I think I'll have a look at my local copy of the
format. If you need it, please let me know so I can send you the file.

> I had a go at reverse-engineering the .wk4 format, and can recognise text,
> numbers and formulae (not complete); but there is no point spending a lot
> of time on this if someone has done this already.
OTOH, you can have a look at Gnumeric's 1-2-3 importer, which does a good job
already.

--
www.advogato.org/person/ariya
"One OS to rule them all, One OS to find them,