List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    pixeladjust
From:       Jaymz Julian <jaymz () dspaudio ! com>
Date:       2002-08-25 6:59:04

Hey

I'm wondering exactly what I lose by turning off the pixeladjust stuff in
kword for my own purposes... I'm aware that it helps with wysiwyg, but
exactly how?  it seems to have two effects on my system:

a) making zoomed text ugly compared with without it
b) making it call paragDrawString on almost a per charecter basis instead
of a per line basis (my current hack, based on QPicture, works much better
with the latter, since there is some static overhead in drawing a
qpicture, but we all know that qpixmap is useless ^_^)

. o O ( and yes, i know that isn't the correct solution either, but I
started working on the correct solution, which drawing on a line by line
basis, and turned out to be far more work than I have time for right now
:( ).

	- jaymz

--
Jaymz Julian aka A Life in Hell