List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: patch to fix bug #46352
From:       "Shaheed R. Haque" <srhaque () iee ! org>
Date:       2002-08-24 11:08:19

Ariya,

Unfortuantely, I don't have a functioning Linux box at the moment [1], so its
not easy for me to look at this - so I'd be happy for you to add a defence of
some kind. The most likely problem is that there *is* a valid reference, but it
is not where the current code expects it, so it would be worth marking with a
TBD as a simple bit of reverse engineering may well fix the problem later.

> (Do MS Word files always have these inconsistencies anyway ?)

No, but they do contain 13 different ways of coding the same info. Only 2 of
which are documented :-(.

Thanks, Shaheed

[1] I do of course have the box, its just that Fujitsu have been promising a
driver for their FDX 310 ADSL modem for several months and have yet to deliver.
Stupid me brought one without thinking to suspect their inability to
deliver...so now I have no connectivity from Linux to the net.