List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Crash in KSpread - ERROR: Circle
From:       John Dailey <dailey () vt ! edu>
Date:       2002-08-20 2:16:30

>     ExtendRectBorder(area1);
>     ExtendRectBorder(area2);
>
> When you simply move the cursor, area1 and area2 overlaps, so cells are
> repainted twice.
I was thinking more of simplicity than making it as efficient as humanly
possible  :-)

> I think this should be fixed in paintCellRegions, where we exclude the
> overlapping regions in cellRegions. This would also fix redundant repaint
> within your new code (if new selection is with new x and y, the small rect
> at x,y is repainted twice).
This sounds good....perhaps one of us will get to it in the coming week -- if
not, what is there is much better than nothing.
> Nothing really important (atm), but it reduces flicker.

> > But right now
> > has the side effect that scrolling up in a spreadsheet leaves pieces of
> > cell border where they shouldn't be.
> > This seems a lot like the problems we were having with zoom though this
> > shows up at any zoom...do Norbert or Phillip (or anyone) know how we took
> > care of that?
>
> I know this and it is not due to you change (we had this before). This is
> the first row of pixels, which is not correctly drawn and when you move up,
> this row is clipped and not repainted.
> The reason for this behaviour is a rounding issue. I need more time to fix
> it (it's a - not easy - int->double move in xOffset/yOffset).
> It is only visible in some cases, where we still get the rounding issue
> (should be there with default height).
> I'm working on this patch.
OK, then I'll commit my part

> > Also, this doesn't fix anything if you you have to scroll while extending
> > the selection since that causes everything to be repainted anyway.
>
> Are you sure? I thought, not changed cells are clipped, not repainted.
it seemed as though it repainted the entire selection while I was scrolling
down by moving the mouse pointer below the edge of the sheet.  Maybe not --
I'll try to look into this.

-John