List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Crash in KSpread - ERROR: Circle
From:       Philipp =?iso-8859-1?q?M=FCller?= <philipp.mueller () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-08-19 5:26:01

Am Sonntag, 18. August 2002 23:10 schrieb John Dailey:
> I'm attaching here a partial fix for this -- don't know how much more time
> would have to work on it.  It solves the problem by not repainting the
> large chunk of the selection that isn't actually changing.

The patch looks good (please commit), but still one think that I don't like
due to:

    ExtendRectBorder(area1);
    ExtendRectBorder(area2);

When you simply move the cursor, area1 and area2 overlaps, so cells are
repainted twice.

I think this should be fixed in paintCellRegions, where we exclude the
overlapping regions in cellRegions. This would also fix redundant repaint
within your new code (if new selection is with new x and y, the small rect at
x,y is repainted twice).
Nothing really important (atm), but it reduces flicker.

> But right now
> has the side effect that scrolling up in a spreadsheet leaves pieces of
> cell border where they shouldn't be.
> This seems a lot like the problems we were having with zoom though this
> shows up at any zoom...do Norbert or Phillip (or anyone) know how we took
> care of that?

I know this and it is not due to you change (we had this before). This is the
first row of pixels, which is not correctly drawn and when you move up, this
row is clipped and not repainted.
The reason for this behaviour is a rounding issue. I need more time to fix it
(it's a - not easy - int->double move in xOffset/yOffset).
It is only visible in some cases, where we still get the rounding issue
(should be there with default height).
I'm working on this patch.

> Also, this doesn't fix anything if you you have to scroll while extending
> the selection since that causes everything to be repainted anyway.
Are you sure? I thought, not changed cells are clipped, not repainted.

> That
> was pretty slow for me on a large group of empty cells zoomed out at 50%  I
> don't suppose that can be fixed for this release, though.

Philipp