List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: RC1 today?
From:       Dirk_Schönberger <dirk.schoenberger () sz-online ! de>
Date:       2002-07-29 19:48:58

> > > keep needing the (ugly) data parser in the future.
> > > What about allowing both on read. Its easy to do from a DOM. Just one
> > > if() based on the precense of the attribute or a child.
> >
> > I like the idea.

> Oops, there is no current SGV importer. So this argument is moot.

Ooop, I seem to remember a SVG directory in koffice/filters/karbon, but I
haven't checked if it was only export or import/export. And the current work
on SVG in KDE is done on KSVG, my current work is more the import filter for
Adobe Illustrator (AI).
I don't think a SVG import filter would be much more difficult, but it would
more a question of supported features.

> > And the current parser is rather more SAX like, but it would still be
> > possible.

> Hmm? Why don't you use the Qt parser? (which is DOM based)

Ooops, I stand corrected. Karbon uses the Koffice parser.

> Ok, now you got me confused :) Which SVG import filter are you talking
about?
> There is none in CVS.

> Are you hiding a nice SVG importer on your harddisk maybe? *grin*

See above, I do just the AI import filter (at least currently). I have much
more AI files to import, than SVG, at least currently.
My SVG path data filter is only a re-implementation of some work I did for
KSVG, but which was rejected.

> Anyway, if the only reason to use the SVG way of path-data storing is to
stay
> compatible, but the file itself is not compatible in itself; then I don't
see
> why you should not do it the nice way. I.e. the way XML was meant to be.
> This is the way it currently is read. (according to Lenny :)

My idea was that we could agree on a common file format with e.g. the Open
Office guys, which use SVG style for storing graphics data (in all
occurences, like some kind of Metafile format)

Regards
Dirk