List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: RC1 today?
From:       Dirk_Schönberger <dirk.schoenberger () sz-online ! de>
Date:       2002-07-29 18:32:11

> You have a SVG importer anyway; so the SVG manner will work now, and you
will
> keep needing the (ugly) data parser in the future.
> What about allowing both on read. Its easy to do from a DOM. Just one if()
> based on the precense of the attribute or a child.

I like the idea.
And the current parser is rather more SAX like, but it would still be
possible.

I'm not quite sure if the current parser from the SVG import filter can be
reused easily.
OTOH I have a filter-independent SVG path data parser available.

> On writing of the file you have to consider who will read the file.
> I am wondering how compatible the current format is with SVG, and how much
you
> are willing to sacrifice to stay compatible in the long run.

I think, the current Karbon file format is rather SVG-incompatible. But IMHO
it is nothing a clever XSL scipt couldn't solve :)

Dirk