List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KWord and bitmap fonts
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-07-22 21:10:29

On Montag, 22. Juli 2002 09:50, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Monday 22 July 2002 01:54, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > On Montag, 22. Juli 2002 00:19, Thomas Zander wrote:

(...)

Well, I have understood a little more why bitmap fonts cannot be printed.

> > And it still does not solve the problem with Clearlyu.
>
> What problem? Its a non-vector font, thus I can't use it. What is your
> point? Did you notice that KFontInstaller also does not show it?

The point is that Clearlyu would be used for international characters not in
the type 1 font.

When you will print, as it is a bitmap font, you will get all the problems
that you try to avoid to have. Explain that to a normal user...

(KFontInstaller needs TrueType support, as I have not any, I have not
KFontInstaller either.)

> > > All WYSIWYG applications are not. What is your point here?
> >
> > I thought that KPresenter was WYSIWYG. I still think it is!
>
> Still no answer what your point is..
> Where in the WYSIWYG printing are bitmapped fonts used?

You can select bitmap fonts in KPresenter! (So again you should have problems
at print, if I follow what you are telling me: bitmap font==problem at
print.)

Have a nice day/evening/night!