List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Kontour. Problems, solution?
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-07-21 21:15:26

On Sonntag, 21. Juli 2002 16:14, Thomas Zander wrote:

> On Saturday 20 July 2002 13:32, Sven Lüppken wrote:
> > Hi everybody!
> >
> > >Kontour crashes a lot, it's basically unusable.
> >
> > A major problem is that Kontour uses includes from the
> > lib/kopainter/support directory (that's another copy of libart)! It links
> > against the libart copy I installed from kdesupport though and that makes
> > it crash immediately after trying to draw only one line.
> >
> > I fixed it up a little bit yesterday so it doesn't crash anymore (it now
> > uses the correct includes) but I still have a few problems with the fact
> > that it changed from rgb to rgba.
> > (So I can draw everything again but it's not shown, it has no color)
>
> Hmm, I don't see why that means that my copy has never stopped working,
> while everyone was saying theirs crashes :}  Debian thing probably...
>
> > >Thomas Diehl suggested something quite simple: what about reverting
> > > kontour to the state it was in for koffice-1.1.1-kde3?
> >
> > So the question is, should I continue fixing it or should we really
> > revert?
>
> I'm sure David agrees with me on the idea being that we want a good
> release. The thing needed for that is either to revert to the former (known
> working) state, or to fix the current problems. (Or if you have other
> ideas, feel free!)

The problem is that it was known working with KOffice 1.1. We have to test it
in KOffice 1.2 and in particular with the filters (both Kontour's filters and
KWord's MS Word import filter.) So in either case, it is a unknown state.

However, using the old version gives at least a stable version of the main
program (except if any change in one of the KOffice libraries gives any
problem.)

> So if you feel confident that the former state or even better can be
> obtained before the deadline of 1.2. The please finish your work, then we
> can all breathe again :)
>
> If you have doubts, or if you don't want to spent time on it, then let us
> know if you have a problem with reverting.
>
> - --
> Thomas Zander
> zander@planescape.com We are what we pretend to be -----BEGIN PGP
> SIGNATURE-----