List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Library for MS Word filters (again)
From:       Werner Trobin <trobin () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-07-20 14:12:40

On Saturday 20 July 2002 16:05, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> Werner Trobin wrote:

[...]

> >I can try, but it's Shaheed who found that out. It's all related to
embedding
> >MS Office Shapes/Drawings and the infamous clientanchor thingy. The code in
> >the msod filter (koffice/filters/kontour/msod) needs the shape id and a so
> >called delay stream from the main document. Shaheed also asked me to add a
> >possibility to pass data around while the embedded filter is running (in
both
> >directions), but the msod filter doesn't use that feature yet.
> >
> >This communication code is quite new and Shaheed didn't find the time to
work
> >on the msod filter since I introduced it. All I know is that Shaheed
reverse
> >engineered that, and that it's horribly broken and ugly.
> >

> Ahh.  Yes we have to implement this.  It will be a pain.  I have
> documentation on it somewhere.

Do you have any other documentation than the well known Word 8 HTML
specification from http://www.wotsit.org/download.asp?f=wword8  ?

I'd really be interested in additional documentation, and if we can't use the
same codebase we should at least try to share the information we gathered.

Ciao,
Werner