List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Library for MS Word filters (again)
From:       Werner Trobin <trobin () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-07-20 7:09:15

On Saturday 20 July 2002 02:15, Martin Konold wrote:
> On Friday 19 July 2002 08:30 pm, Werner Trobin wrote:
>

> Hi,
>

> > Right, but sometimes this just isn't enough. Embedded images need
> > information from the embedding document (in certain cases), so they
somehow
> > have to communicate.
>
> Can you please explain this issue a little bit more? Maybe an example?

I can try, but it's Shaheed who found that out. It's all related to embedding
MS Office Shapes/Drawings and the infamous clientanchor thingy. The code in
the msod filter (koffice/filters/kontour/msod) needs the shape id and a so
called delay stream from the main document. Shaheed also asked me to add a
possibility to pass data around while the embedded filter is running (in both
directions), but the msod filter doesn't use that feature yet.

This communication code is quite new and Shaheed didn't find the time to work
on the msod filter since I introduced it. All I know is that Shaheed reverse
engineered that, and that it's horribly broken and ugly.

Ciao,
Werner