List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Library for MS Word filters (again)
From:       "T.J. Mather" <tjmather () maxmind ! com>
Date:       2002-07-19 20:42:00

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Werner Trobin wrote:

> > Actually, I believe that the LPGL and QPL are compatible with the ASL, so
> > I think we can link to POI from KOffice.
>
> http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html
>
> This page states something else, unfortunately. Crappy license issues.

This page states that the GPL is incompatible with the ASL.  Where does it
say that the LGPL or QPL are incompatible with the ASL?

I studied the LGPL and QPL (Q as in QT, not G) licenses, and as far as I
can tell, they are compatible with the ASL.

So as long as we don't link to any GPL code, I think we're fine.  Note
that QT is dual licensed under the QPL and GPL.

-TJ