List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Help needed: Fonts and children with resolution
From:       Norbert Andres <nandres () web ! de>
Date:       2002-07-18 19:35:43

On Wednesday 17 July 2002 20:50, Philipp Müller wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 9. Juli 2002 16:20 schrieb David Faure:
> >
> > On Tuesday 09 July 2002 08:59, Philipp Müller wrote:
> > > 2. Children:
> > > Didn't look too much into it yet (lack of time), but I get now too
> > > small children (factor ~1/20). How to avoid this? Setting zoom?
> >
> > You need to set the zoom level of the kspread view, see KoView::setZoom.
> > That's the zoom that gets passed on to the embedded objects.
>
> Hello list,
>
> Even with the hint form David I couldn't get it to run. I'm still stuck
> with fonts rendered slightly to small and not painting the children
> correctly.
>
> As other bugs needs to be fixed for the release too, I will rather skip my
> work on this now. I don't want to loose more time on it without the clear
> view, that we can get it in.
>
> So, what I want to ask you, if I should post my current diff to cvs so
> others can try to solve it or we just leave the current way of printing as
> with the move to koText the printout will be reworked anyway. Then my diff
> will go to /dev/null.
>
> My diff is about 80kB, so without any request I don't post it here.
>
> Anyone interested to help?
If it makes things really better commit it but: I can't help solving the
remaining issues. I'll go on a business trip to the US on saturday and won't
have time for a single code line 'til mid of august.

In general I would say it is better to put in a real solution after the
release and don't risk introducing new bugs (which is possible in such big
patch)

Norbert