On Mittwoch, 17. Juli 2002 07:30, Thomas Zander wrote: > On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 10:30:36PM +0200, Nicolas Goutte wrote: > > On Sonntag, 14. Juli 2002 10:33, Thomas Zander wrote: > > > On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 03:54:13PM +1000, Clarence Dang wrote: > > > > On Sun, 14 Jul 2002 06:48, Nicolas Goutte wrote: > > > > (...) > > (..) > > > And you will get this problem with any file format that evolves. > > > > Otherwise, yes, you are right, downgrades have to be avoided. That is why > > I have downgraded nearly all "good" labels to "working" at once, to avoid > > that further user critics force us to downgrade them filter by filter. > > Overall I think you are taking the labels and percentile too serious (I am > mostly talking about your second mail here), the only reason I proposed it > was to show without an external reference-chart what a certain name stands > for. So it would be nothing more then; It is not me who take the status very seriously, it is some of our users. For them "good", is not 50% but more like 90%. Either the numbers/labels are "vapor-ware" and we do not need them or they are meant relatively seriously. > > alfa - 10% > beta - 25% > good - 50% > > complete - 98% > Personnaly, I think that numbers would only be good if we had objective criteria, like for example character formating max. 5 points, layout max. 5 points, inlined image max. 5 point, tables max. 10 points, styles max. 10 points... > I don't think it makes any sense to change the filter status after a > reworking of the internal file-format of KWord, as long as it is fixed > before the release nobody will be the wiser. The status is supposed to track the *developement* version, not the stable version. As far as I know, the status was meant for (new) volunteer developers to know where their work was the most needed. We have not yet a status for the stable branch. I have tried to make one yesterday, but I have only found out that WebCVS do not let you fetch the lastest revision of a branch, if you do not know the revision number. :-( (If someone knows how to do it with WebCVS, please tell!) Have a nice day/evening/night! _______________________________________________ koffice-devel mailing list koffice-devel@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel