List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [RFC] Adding a new filter status
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2002-07-14 8:33:43

On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 03:54:13PM +1000, Clarence Dang wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Jul 2002 06:48, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > I do not understand the difference with the filter status files (all the
> > status.html files in each filter directory)
> >
> > The filter status already have all the data. Why would you want a central
> > table, which would be in the ACL-protected part of the CVS?
> >
> Different status.html's lay out the information in different ways and/or leave
> out information.  I'm suggesting a table where the information can quickly be
> seen at a glance, instead of having to go through each status.html.
You allready can; thats the 'good'/'beta'/'excellent'/'perfect' stuff for...

> Just curious, but aren't the status.html's also ACL-protected?
Nope. They are in the koffice/filters dir.

If you believe the status pages are not properly formatted, I hope you can
find a way to fix the status pages and not re-create their data in another
spot.

What about an extra table cell that has a 'completed' bar in there. Expressed
in percents.  This way you don't have to downgrade certain filters (never
underestimate the psycologocal effects of that!).

See at
    http://stats.distributed.net/projects.php?project_id=5
the Progress Meter bar.

--