List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [patch] Numbered list in winword97 filter
From:       "Per Winkvist" <per.winkvist () cell-telecom ! com>
Date:       2002-07-05 12:03:53

On Friday 05 July 2002 11:30, David Faure wrote:
> > Btw,  When doing lists in word you can do following
> > 	1. First item
> > 	(pressing tab here will give an 'a' instead)
> > 		a) Sub item of first
> > 	(decreasing indentation will give '2' again)
> > 	2. Second item
> >
> > So you can press tab/shift-tab to increase indentation. Changing the indentation \
> > \ for a list in kword gives you the following  1. First Item
> > 		2. Sub item of first
> > 	3. Second item
>
> You're mixing indentation and list level (depth).

I though I could change list level with tab/shift-tab (or by changing indentation) as \
I could in ms-word.

> > For a .kwd, it seems that attribute "depth" is always '0', atleast in my .xml \
> > file \ :=)
>
> Not if you change the list level (depth) in the paragraph dialog.

Ohhhh, there it was :=) Now I just need to (while list items) "right-click, select \
properties, select right tab, select right depth, click ok" a couple of times :=)

> > This gives the list a different numbering. Manually increasing this value seems \
> > to \ do the right thing except that it doesn't get rendered correctly (seems it \
> > even \ tries to use 'i' and 'a)' symbols which is cool). When doing lists in \
> > kword it adds \ a <INDENTS left="28.345" /> instead for sub items. Is this really \
> > correct ??
>
> Are you talking about kword or about the .doc importer?

Forget it, I tried to change depth with tab/shift in kword. Thus it gave me \
"INDENTS". The strange rendering was me having "disc bullet" as one of the list \
paragraph type.

> What <tab> does in kword is unrelated to what the .doc importer does with lists.

I'll try to get .doc importer to set right depth...

Thanks,

	Per