List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [office_standards] Announcement: Availability of preliminary Study about document format
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-07-04 20:27:36

On Thursday 04 July 2002 15:55, Joachim von Thadden wrote:
> Am Fre, Jun 28, 2002 at 11:03:11 +0200 schrieb Nicolas Goutte:
> > I have finally time had to look at this (interesting) paper.
> >
> > I have found a little problem in KWord's file format description.
> >
> > In figure 11, the top level tags are presented. However <CLIPARTS> is
> > missing.
>
> It's not missing, it's not mentioned as top level entity in th eDTD
> version 1.0:
> <!ELEMENT DOC (PAPER , ATTRIBUTES , FRAMESETS , STYLES , PIXMAPS ,
> (EMBEDDED*))>

I have not meant the DTD, I have meant what KWord really writes out while
saving. KWord 1.1.x is known to have a DTD with many errors.

The reality would be more like:

<!ELEMENT DOC (PAPER, ATTRIBUTES, FRAMESETS, STYLES, PIXMAPS,
CLIPARTS?, (EMBEDDED*)) >

> > It is especially important, as in figure 13 <CLIPART> is presented.
>
> In the Frameset, yes.

Yes, and <CLIPART> will have a <KEY> child matching one of the <KEY> children
of <CLIPARTS>

Therefore, personally, I find it a little curious to present <CLIPART> without
presenting <CLIPARTS>.

> > In short: <CLIPARTS> is similar to <PIXMAPS>, as <CLIPART> is to <IMAGE>.
> > The path for cliparts is "clipart/" (similar to "picture/" for images)
> >
> > Have a nice day/evening/night!
> >
> > PS.: As the difference between images and cliparts is a little
> > artificial, this difference has been removed in the current developer
> > version of KWord (not yet in KWord 1.2 Beta 2). Everything is <PICTURES>
> > and <PICTURE> now.
>
> So the next DTD will replace CLIPART, PIXMAP and IMAGE with PICTURE?

Not exactly!
<IMAGE> and <CLIPART> are now <PICTURE>
<PIXMAPS> and <CLIPARTS> are now <PICTURES>