List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Fwd: Re: [office_standards] Announcement: Availability of preliminary Study about document format
From:       Martin Konold <martin.konold () erfrakon ! de>
Date:       2002-07-04 12:42:54

Subject: Re: [office_standards] Announcement: Availability of preliminary
Study about document format
Date: Thursday 04 July 2002 03:55 pm
From: Joachim von Thadden <j.thadden@linux-ag.de>
To: office_standards@openoffice.org

Am Fre, Jun 28, 2002 at 11:03:11 +0200 schrieb Nicolas Goutte:
> I have finally time had to look at this (interesting) paper.
>
> I have found a little problem in KWord's file format description.
>
> In figure 11, the top level tags are presented. However <CLIPARTS> is
> missing.

It's not missing, it's not mentioned as top level entity in th eDTD
version 1.0:
<!ELEMENT DOC (PAPER , ATTRIBUTES , FRAMESETS , STYLES , PIXMAPS ,
(EMBEDDED*))>

> It is especially important, as in figure 13 <CLIPART> is presented.

In the Frameset, yes.

> In short: <CLIPARTS> is similar to <PIXMAPS>, as <CLIPART> is to <IMAGE>.
> The path for cliparts is "clipart/" (similar to "picture/" for images)
>
> Have a nice day/evening/night!
>
> PS.: As the difference between images and cliparts is a little artificial,
> this difference has been removed in the current developer version of KWord
> (not yet in KWord 1.2 Beta 2). Everything is <PICTURES> and <PICTURE> now.

So the next DTD will replace CLIPART, PIXMAP and IMAGE with PICTURE?
Sincerely
	Joachim
--
Joachim von Thadden            Linux Information Systems AG
Manager Professional Services  Fon +49 (0)30 72 62 38-14    Ehrenbergstr. 19

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold
e r f r a k o n
Germanenstrasse 15, 70563 Stuttgart, Germany
email: martin.konold@erfrakon.de
[" " (application/pgp-signature)]