List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: ChangeLog entries wanted
From:       Norbert Andres <nandres () web ! de>
Date:       2002-06-24 19:04:13

On Monday 24 June 2002 18:52, David Faure wrote:
> Some questions from Andreas Pour for the kspread developers:
> > - auto continuation support for every direction and all types supported
> > in KSpread and for more complex series like 1,3,4,6,...
>
> what directions are currently supported?  what are the current series
> limitations?
All directions (up, down, left, right) should work.
Limitations:
- things like "test1", "test2" are not expanded to "test3", they get just
copied.
- Series need some kind of repeating difference: e.g. 1; 3; 4 just get copied,
but 1; 3; 4; 6 get expanded to 1; 3; 4; 6; 7; 9; ... But I think this is
really a feature and I did it intentionally this way. (Excel copies in both
cases - I think)

If anything doesn't work but it works in Excel it is a bug - so please tell
me.

> > - implemented "Goal Seek"
>
> (that's like Excel's "Solver" right?)
No, it has the same name in Excel or StarCalc. Solver is something more
complex, but it is on my feature list for 1.3.

> > - added support for changing row/col and table of named areas
>
> changing the table?  don't understand - you mean the worksheet?

No: you can mark an area/a cell and give it a name, e.g. mark A1, click on
"Area name" in the context menu and assign e.g. "x".
In B1 you can use formulas like "='x' + 5" now.
An area name represents a point/area in a certain table. Now you can change
it, so that "x" e.g. points to A2 in the same or in another table instead of
A1. All formulas should get updated. (Was a user request)

You can also assign names by typing the name in the LineEdit at the top left.