List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Switched option names in footnotes seperator line dialog.
From:       NOLARD Michel <mnolard () info ! fundp ! ac ! be>
Date:       2002-06-23 12:58:12

Le Dimanche 23 Juin 2002 09:15, Thomas Zander a écrit :
> On Sat, Jun 22, 2002 at 11:42:39PM -0400, Mike McBride wrote:
> > Hi developers,
> >
> > There are two mislabeled options in the Footnote dialog.
> >
> > Click on Format->Footnote....  Then click on the "seperator line" tab.
> >
> > "Seperator Line Width" should be Seperator Line length....true that the line
> > travels along the width of the page, but this will bee the longest dimension,
> > so by default must be called "Length".
> >
> > "Seperator Line Length" does describe the dimension that is the "length" of
> > the page, but it is describing the smaller dimension, so it should be
> > re-labeld "Seperator Line Width".
> >
> > I realize that this breaks the message freeze, but these are labeled
> > incorrectly, and we should ask all those involved to change get these
> > changed.
> >

> I have better options in the source, commented out. But I did not uncomment
> them because of the message freeze.
> I'd like to see them changed, but as you know, the translators have enough
> work as it is with the KDE3.1 and the KOffice1.2 releases..  Did not want
> to get the wrath of i18n on me :)
>
> --
> Thomas Zander                                           zander@planescape.com
> We are what we pretend to be

Is it really a problem if we change those two labels only ? This is not like a total \
changement... I am sure that they will agree with us : the i18n freeze was made to \
limit the changes, not to limit the quality of the KDE sofwares... Don't you think ?

I mean that if we ask them politely, insisting on the minor change that it \
represents, they will agree.

--
NOLARD Michel
Délégué 2° Maîtrise et Licence en Informatique

"Unix is user friendly. It's just very picky about who its friends are..."