List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: German Linux magazine about KOffice...
From:       Lucijan Busch <lucijan () gmx ! at>
Date:       2002-06-17 5:37:07

[snip]
> Some other things they miss:
> - Database tool like Access (!!)
[snip]

hi!

currently working on that, since kdatabase is stucked, i hope i'll have
something usefull in around 14 days.
the question is, whether this package will be intergrated into koffice if yes
i will make some import export with kspread, reports with kword and so on...
the app's name is kexi (yes, only a working title...).
I have choosen the name because it sounds (at least if you read it as a
german) like a little access and kexi (keksi) means also cookie. But i guess
this name isn't fitting to an office-suite so it can be renamed if it should.
the most difference between kdatabase and kexi is, that kexi works with other
engines and uses plugins to handle those.
I'll try to improve the ui related to ms-access more, because some parts are a
bit un-intuitive.
maybe later it will have it's own engine too, but thats not very actuall now
sine i'll try to do everything over SQL-Queries (even for forms, reports and
so on will be stored in the database) which makes usage of all engines
possible, which "understand" SQL.
The project data (host, db, user) will be stored in a little descriptor-file.

i hope you'll like the project as it appeares ;)
lucijan