List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice-1.2-beta2 reminder
From:       Karl-Heinz Zimmer <khz () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-06-13 9:08:44

On Thursday 13 June 2002 09:14, David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 June 2002 14:00, David Faure wrote:
> > As stated on
> > http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/koffice-1.2-release-plan.h
> >tml, the current plan is to start the feature freeze for KOffice next
> > Monday.
>
> Ooops. Seems I can't read. Thanks to Mike McBride, who can read ;)
>
> Ok, that's not what the schedule says. It says KOffice is frozen since
> last Monday ;-)
> If it's ok with everyone I'd like to state that KOffice is feature and
> message right now. (will make exceptions if anyone had almost finished
> something, of course, but don't start new features now ;)

Please don't do that!

I was relying on your previous statement that feature freeze will be on
next Monday (17. Jnue 2002) and I actually _do_ have some features that
are going to be implemented during the weekend.

The problem is that today there is a critical milestone of our Ägypten
project so I yesterday could only quickly fix the kchart crash bug but
could not affort the time to do things right.

The features missing (and planned for the weekend) are _only_ UI features
since kchart is waiting for implementation of UI for allowing it to access
some well tested features in KDChart (which is the underlying chart
drawing engine).

So implementing these things on the weekend will not harm anything and not
be critical but of great importance for translators (and of course for
the users).

Would that be OK for you?

Karl-Heinz

--
Karl-Heinz Zimmer, Senior Software Engineer, Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
<mailto:khz@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>            <mailto:khz@kde.org>