List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    fun with kspread zooming
From:       John Dailey <dailey () vt ! edu>
Date:       2002-06-12 22:40:32

The hacks for zooming in kspread aren't going to work, at least for the zoomed
in case.  The problem being that even though the current width isn't enough
when zoomed in, adding a +1 in the original coordinates moves it too far in
the other direction.  Painting with such a low zoom makes the drawing
'clumsy' I suppose.  I don't think this is something we can handle until we
paint in zoomed coordinates.

Right now I've committed in the code limitations on the zoom from 60% to 150%
which both seem to work (at least on my video adapter and screen resolution.
Does that change anything?).  I think that will have to do for the Beta.

It still might be possible to get it to work in the case for being zoomed to
far out -- it's just a matter of playing with numbers to see if we can get
them right.  I've left all the code in there, just commented out the actual
alterations to width/height so if anyone else wants to play with it, it is
there.  I might have time to play a little more this week.

On the other hand, embedded zooming is working now!

There's some weird issue where there's a big chunk of it not painting in some
cases, but the zooming works so I'm happy (thanks for the hint David -- it
took about 5 seconds to finish....)

-John