List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Help needed with KSpread zoom
From:       NOLARD Michel <mnolard () info ! fundp ! ac ! be>
Date:       2002-06-10 20:58:02

Le Lundi 10 Juin 2002 21:17, John Dailey a écrit :
> I am confused, i think....
>
> Can't zooming be more simply implemented by just altering the viewing matrix
> after all the painting is done.  So we paint the same thing no matter what
> the zoom and then alter the end result accordingly?
>
> I'm probably missing something important here.
>
> -John

It's a quite simply method, quick to implement, but I think you're just missing the \
performance drawback.

There is another problem that may occur from such rendering method : if a font \
doesn't look well when antialiased in small size, the antialiasing will be \
automatically deactivated when used in such sizes. But, whenever you render this way, \
you bring small font problems as the antialiasing effect is still "in" the font you \
reduce. Am I well understood ?

PS : Sorry for my poor English.
--
NOLARD Michel
Délégué 2° Maîtrise et Licence en Informatique

"Sauvez un arbre, mangez un castor."