List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC on frame layout in KWord.
From:       Emmanuel Touzery <emmanuel.touzery () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2002-06-04 10:02:51

Hello,

	Just to mention a possible UI to make it configurable; this is how visual
studio.NET allows you to change the tab order of controls (attachment). the
UI looks nice, however the behaviour is quite strange:
* as you can see on this window, not all numbers are used
* when you click on an item, the number is increased or cycles on the total
number of controls (but the other items' numbers are not modified?).

anyhow, i just saw that on someone else's computer (i'm not using msdev.NET
ATM), so i didn't take the time to understand how they do it, but it could be
a nice start for something like that in kword to order frame layout (maybe
post-1.2).

emmanuel

PS: generally a list with "move up", "move down" would be more intuitive but
we don't have "names" for the frames, or the users won't fill them in. maybe
we could do it with the first characters present in each frame?
["tab_order.jpg" (image/jpeg)]