List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KWord's <FRAMESTYLE>
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2002-06-03 15:30:20

On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 05:12:46PM +0200, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> On Monday 03 June 2002 15:07, Thomas Zander wrote:
> As for CMYK, it is a totaly other "beast." You will not be helped with red,
> green and blue either.

They are 4 color names instead of 3 and have different names.
The point is that the RRGGBB concept does not work in CMYK. So the methods will
start to be called setMagenta(int m); etc. But the concept is still the same as
the setRed(int r) versions is now.

> Color conversion from RGB to CMYK is not trivial, because it is not linear (it
> is not a=255-b .)

I know. But the idea was never to do conversions, it was that we want to store
colors of a frame background or whatever in CMYK. So we don't _have_ to convert
it. We print it in CMYK just like the user entered the values.
If we receive an eps from a print company and that has a specific background
color that the rest of the page also has to have. Since otherwise we see a
square around the picture in a different color then the rest of the page.

In this case we have to allow the user to type the frame background color in
CMYK since otherwise the conversion will probably give a slightly different
color then the embedded eps which you can see on the printout.

--
Thomas Zander                                           zander@planescape.com
                                                 We are what we pretend to be