List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Stable areas to document (Kword)
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2002-05-27 7:47:22

On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 08:29:39PM -0400, Mike McBride wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am planning on writing documentation for the following sections of KWord.
>
> If someone has plans for large user interface changes to any of the following
> sections I would appreciate it if you would let me know.  I will return to
> that part of KWord documentation at a later date.
>
> The sections I hope to work on are:
>
> Footnotes/Endnotes
> Inserting KOffice parts
> Chapter numbering
> Mail Merge
> The Document Structure Pane
> Document comments
> Autoformat (Is this done?)
>
> Thanks.

Did you notice that the selection of frames has changed?  I still have some
issues with it, but I am curious as to how it does strike you?  The mayor
changes are in selecting frames with CTRL and SHIFT plus with more then one
frame on top of the other.
My biggest problems are that you can't unselect a frame using ctrl anymore and
that RMB clicking re-does the selection where I think the current selected
frame should be used. (So you can do something on a frame that is not on top)

Did you also notice that the way you can walk through a table has been changed,
the old method was with arrow down go to next cell. Now its arrow down go one
cell down, and arrow right go one cell right.
It still has some bugs for complicated tables, but that will be done later.

Cheers!
--
Thomas Zander                                           zander@planescape.com
                                                 We are what we pretend to be