List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [KOffice 1.2] app/vnd.kde.{kword,kspread,kpresenter,kformula,kchart,kivio,kontour,karbon}
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-05-26 21:40:08

On Sunday 26 May 2002 21:21, Marc Mutz wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Please find attached the registrations for the KOffice 1.2 mime types.
> Their texts are equal except for the names of applications and the file
> extensions, so you only need to read one.

Hmm, seems you're assuming we guaranteed this change would be made for
1.2 (or maybe are you volunteering for doing the change?)
It's quite a tricky issue, since the mimetypes are in kdelibs, the XML
contain a mimetype name, for the main doc and for embedded objects, etc. etc.
This will also be yet another cause of incompatibilities with 1.1, so we'll need
to take care of it when "saving as 1.1" and in Werner's script.
It needs to be well thought of, and is some work.

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/