List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Kugar patches
From:       Alexander Dymo <cloudtemple () mksat ! net>
Date:       2002-05-26 19:16:40

I've recently made some addititions to Kugar and I want to make them
available for KOffice team.

Modifications made are
1)
Users can add as many detail bands to the report as needed,
this can be useful if we print report with data, arranged according
the master-detail relationship.
For example, now Kugar's
Detail Level="0" -> Detail Level="1" -> Detail Level="2"
corresponds to many commertial report engines'
Master -> Detail -> Subdetail

2)
Any detail of any level can now have detail header and detail footer

3)
Added DDMMYY_PERIOD (e.g. 25.02.02)
and DDMMYYYY_PERIOD (e.g. 25.02.2002) date type output formats
for Fields, Specials and CalculatedFields.
The have numbers 11 and 12 to use in a report template.

4)
Report engine is now completely Qt-based. Any use of KDE classes were
removed and replaced with their Qt analogs (KPrinter -> QPrinter,
KMessageBox -> QMessageBox)

So, my patches are:
lib_patch.diff.bz2 - this contains above modifications to kugar/lib
samples_patch.diff.bz2 - modified examples (kugar/samples)
sample3.tar.bz2  - sample reports to show the use of multiple detail levels

In addition, I wrote GUI template designer for Kugar.
You can found it among with my patches on my web page
http://www.cloudtemple.mksat.net
I've licensed it after GPL.
There are sources, screenshot with sample1.kut loaded, binary.
Designer is independed from Kugar library, but xml that it
generates corresponds to the patched Kugar (mostly because of
multiple details).
But, in fact, designer can be used with the non-patched Kugar, but the
report shell will ignore details definition and level attribute of data
records.
It would be great if my designer can be included into KOffice with
my Kugar patches.

Moreover, it seems that Kugar was not maintained by anybody
more than a year. I can became a maintainer. I use Kugar in
my every-day work, so I am interested in improving an engine
and designer.

WBR, Alexander Dymo
Ukrainian State Maritime Technical University
cloudtemple@mksat.net
http://www.cloudtemple.mksat.net
http://www.ustmu.edu.ua

["lib_patch.diff.bz2" (application/x-bzip2)]
["samples_patch.diff.bz2" (application/x-bzip2)]
["sample3.tar.bz2" (application/x-tbz)]