List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [patch] remove row/columns from table
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2002-05-22 8:09:13

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 08:45:11AM +0200, Emmanuel Touzery wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     In vanilla kword, to remove rows from a table, you have to right click
> on a table "remove row", and then say which row number in the dialog. this
> is not very good (imho), for instance think multipages tables, etc, i don't
> want to count which row i want to remove and then realise i got it wrong.
> additionnally to remove 3 rows/columns you have to do it one by one.
>     with this patch (that changes i18n strings!), kword uses the selected
> cells to deduce which rows/cols should be removed (so we act like other WP
> out there).
>
>     testing it i noticed bugs on my older kword (undo on removing the 1st
> row of a table that does not work or on removing a column that SIGSEGV),

I fixed that bug last week.
If you want I can send you the fix so your KWord won't have that anymore...

> but
> they are not related to my patch and since i don't know if they are fixed in
> CVS i didn't look too much (well, enough to know that they are difficult to
> solve for me :O( ).
>
>     thank you,
>
> emmanuel
>
> PS: i plan to get a proper connectivity soon (well i guess), so you won't
> have to bother with those patches on older CVS so long (and it's starting to
> be a pain for me as well)

Not too big a problem (yet :)
Thanx for the patch, this was a wish we had for some time but I never had time
to implement; I'll take a look tonight!

--
Thomas Zander                                           zander@planescape.com
                                                 We are what we pretend to be