List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KSpread formulas
From:       Werner Trobin <trobin () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-05-18 15:20:15

On Saturday 18 May 2002 17:23, Nikolas Zimmermann wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> here are some bugs I found while testing some xl files
>
> 1. '&'
> =CLEAN("one"&AsciiToChar(7))
> does not work
> where
> =CLEAN("one"+AsciiToChar(7)) works
>
> In the excel import filter I just made ptgConcat
> (which displays the &) return a "+"
> I do NOT know if this brakes something else
> and i'm unsure if kspread should support this thing or not.

KoScript is a programming language, therefore it interprets '&' as bitwise AND
operation. It would be possible to make it concattenate strings when it gets
String types passed. The question is whether this confuses the users... e.g.
1 & 3 results in 3,
Hello & World gets HelloWorld

> 2. Dollar wrong results
> =DOLLAR(-34,34;-1)
> should result in
> ($30)
> but results in
> ¤ -34,34
>
> The dollar/euro problem is normal, cause i'm on a non-us system.
> Ignore that.

No idea about that one, but that's a KSpread-internal rounding problem.

> 3. 'FIXED' problem
> =FIXED(-12 345,24;3,00)
> should display -12,345.245
> but it shows -12 345,240

There are actually two problems: l10n and rounding again.

Ciao,
Werner