List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KSpread: empty cell returns 0.0 ?
From:       Laurent Montel <lmontel () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-05-14 6:02:27

Le Monday 13 May 2002 23:40, Ariya Hidayat a écrit :
> Maybe someone (Laurent?) can enlighten me, why an empty cell returns 0.0,
> not KSValue::Empty ? I remembered once it was Empty and the Laurent
> reverted back to 0.0. Was there some troubles with that ?

I reverted my changes (to return 0.0 ) because all function was not ported to
suport KSValue::Empty. And there was a lot of bugs into functions.
You can re-try to change it, and look at all problem if you want.
For me it's very important to return KSValue::Empty and not 0.0 because
when we select an area and we search the average of a area, you want to
calculate it on no empty cell. But for the moment a empty cell = 0.0 => you
calculate a bad average.

If you can fix all bugs it's a good idea to change it to KSValue::Empty.
Sorry I am not remember all bugs :(

Regards.