List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: question about autoCreateNewFrame
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-04-30 13:52:23

On Tuesday 30 April 2002 15:42, Holger Schröder wrote:
> > * Using the FRAME tags to know how many frames the frameset needs -
> > this will give you the number of pages directly, no ?
> > You don't need to do any fontmetrics calculation, however you might
> > have to use a calculation like (int)( frame->y / doc->ptPaperHeight )
> > to know on which page a given frame is.
>
> perhaps i didn't explain it good enough:
> the number of frames gives you the number of frames on _one_ page.
No. Not anymore - this was the case with KWord-1.0, but now all frames
are saved by KWord.

> then when these frames are full, and you continue typing, you will fill
> the second, third, ... page, and nothing changes with the number of of
> frames, as they are all only saved for the first page, and are placed
> on the next pages with the same coordinates as on the first.

Nope. Try it. I saved a document with 2 pages, and I got
  <FRAMESET frameType="1" frameInfo="0" name="Text Frameset 1" visible="1" >
   <FRAME runaround="1" copy="0" right="567" newFrameBehavior="0" left="28" \
bottom="799" runaroundGap="2" top="42" />  <FRAME runaround="1" copy="0" right="567" \
newFrameBehavior="0" left="28" bottom="1640" runaroundGap="2" top="883" />

> [...]
> you write chapter one with a special layout and fill five pages. frames
> only saved for the first page, and "autoplaced" for 2 to 5.
> 2nd chapter starts on page 6, 4 pages long, frames saved on page 6 and
> not the following.
>
> you get the idea?

Not really ;)

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/