List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    KSpread tooltips
From:       John Dailey <dailey () vt ! edu>
Date:       2002-04-24 23:43:13

I've added tooltip help for most of the options in the KSpread menus -- I'd
like some input from native English speakers who notice anything particularly
awkward.  Most of them are very simple (insert->series is "Insert a series")
but at least they are there for the translators in case it isn't so obvious
the way it translates in other languages.

There are some options I was not sure of.  Does anyone know what these options
are? (these are members of KSpreadView):

m_sortList -- I can't find it in the menus anywhere.
m_editGlobalScripts/local scripts -- most of these functions say 'not
implemented'.  Whoever is implementing these can fill in the help.

Also, I did not put anything for some of the common actions (bold/underline,
etc.).  I really don't know much about how the translations work, but I would
imagine that these are already translated in some other programs.  Is there a
way to figure out the precise strings to use for these so it duplicates what
has already been translated elsewhere?

-John