List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    KOffice-1.2-beta1 ready, change list wanted
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-04-20 7:17:29

I have packaged KOffice-1.2-beta1, as planned, and the binary packages are
currently being prepared.

What we need now is the ChangeLog.
I have gathered the relevant part of all the */CHANGES files from CVS, but everything
might not be there - e.g. for filters. And for Kontour, KFormula and Karbon, which don't have
a CHANGES file.
Please send me any additional entry for the changelog you might have.

Changes summary:

<ul>
  <li>WYSIWYG support in KWord, KPresenter and the formula objects</li>
  <li>KPresenter redesign, including Zoom support</li>
  <li>KSpread improvements</li>
  <li>Kontour redesign</li>
  <li>KFormula printing</li>
  <li>New WordPerfect import filter</li>
  <li>New MSWrite import filter</li>
  <li>New PalmDoc and WML import/export filters</li>
  <li>New Amipro import/export filter</li>
  <li>New XSLT import/export filter</li>
  <li>New vector drawing program added: Karbon</li>
  <li>Improved DCOP scriptability in all KOffice applications</li>
  <li>The native KOffice file format now uses zip instead of tar.gz</li>
</ul>

Complete ChangeLog:

KOffice
=====
The native KOffice file format now uses zip instead of tar.gz, for performance
reasons, and for compatibility with the other opensource office suites.

KOffice-1.2 offers a "Save as KOffice-1.1" format when saving a file, to be
used when sending a document to a KOffice-1.1 user. Alternatively,
a KOffice-1.1 user receiving a KOffice-1.2 document (in the zip format),
can use the script available at http://www.koffice.org/scripts/fix_storage.pl
to convert the document back to a .tar.gz.
Note that this script requires "unzip" to be installed.

DCOP scriptability has been much extended in all KOffice applications.

KWord
=====

Text layout and painting redesigned around WYSIWYG concept.
KWord is also BiDi-enabled.

Soft hyphens (inserted with Ctrl+'-')
Non-breakable-spaces (inserted with Ctrl+' ' or menuitem)
Support for hyperlinks, for text background color (marker).
Improved handling of tabulators in ruler.
Auto-hide mouse cursor while typing.

"Change picture" feature.
SVG support (for cliparts).
Module for SVG previews in Konqueror.

Rewrite of tables where positioning is much more fool-proof and table-borders actually work.
More intelligent table-cell-scaling for cells with mixed text lengths

Text shadow feature.
Double-underline feature.
Ability to choose where to inline a frame.
Setting tabs via the rulers is more intuitive.
Add link (internet link/ address mail / file link)
Add dcop interface : now we can insert text, change text format, etc...
Frame z-order ("Raise frame", "Lower frame")
Preliminary support for background spell checking
Support for manual completion (use CTRL+E)
Support for comments
Ability to associate key shortcuts to styles
"Section Title" variable

Triple click selects a paragraph.
New "PageUp/PageDown moves the caret" option, which defaults to false.
 The new behaviour for PageUp/PageDown is to move the scrollbars, not the caret.

KPresenter
=========
Ported to the WYSIWYG text engine, shared with KWord
New effect : kpresenter can play sounds
Thumbnail mode for the sidebar
Add notebar
Add a real statusbar
New tools : freehand, polyline, quadric bezier curve, cubic bezier curve, convex/concave polygon
Add zoom support
Improve undo/redo (now we can undo/redo "insert new page"/"delete page"/"paste page"/"Duplicate page")
Now kpresenter has real page
Limit position/size object to page
spell checking/search/find works on all page
Add "Show Presentation Duration"
Add dcop interface : now we can insert text, change text format, etc...
Add support for style
Add support for background spell checking
Add support for manual completion (use CTRL + E )
Add Help line
New transition effect: Blinds, Box In/Out, Checkboard, Cover, Uncover, Dissolve, Random,...
Add grid support
Add Help Point
Add support to change zoom with mouse (zoom selected area)
Add Configure Picture Dialog

KSpread
======
Many bug fixes :-)
Perfomance enhancements
Support up to 2^15 columns and rows, formerly it was 676 columns and 10000 rows
Support for spell-check
Many new built-in functions (see detailed list below)
Function name is now case-insensitive
"Related Function" in formula editor
Auto continuation support for every direction and all types supported in KSpread
  and for more complex series like 1,3,4,6,...
One "copy" action instead of "copy" and "copy as text"

New functions added:
 conversion:
   INT2BOOL, CharToAscii, AsciiToChar, BOOL2STRING, NUM2STRING,
   BOOL2INT
 math:
   DIV, LCD, PRODUCT, LCM, TOGGLE, TRIM, ABS
 text:
   COMPARE, CLEAN, SLEEK, PROPER, REPLACE
 date/time:
   DAYS, WEEKS, MONTHS, YEARS
 financial:
   DB, SLN, SYD, EURO
 logical:
   XOR
 statistical:
   CHIDIST, FDIST, TDIST, CONFIDENCE, BETADIST, GAMMADIST,
   PHI, GAUSS, MEDIAN, POISSON, GAMMALN, NORMINV, NORMSINV,
   WEIBULL, EXPONDIST, NORMDIST, NORMSDIST, FISHER,
   FISHERINV, LOGNORMDIST

Kontour
======
?

Karbon
=====
No "ChangeLog" obviously, but maybe a list of features?

KFormula
=======
?

KChart
=====
I'm not sure there has been any change :(
(apart from DCOP scriptability)

Kivio
====
Still no change :(