List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Question to: POINT_TO_MM and MM_TO_POINT
From:       Philipp =?iso-8859-1?q?M=FCller?= <philipp.mueller () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-04-15 22:12:01

Am Montag, 15. April 2002 11:40 schrieb David Faure:
> Yes, KWord. KWDocument::syntaxVersion(), stores the version at the
> beginning of the loading, and e.g. KWTextParag::loadParagLayout (IIRC),
> checks for the syntax version.

I'm implementing this right now, a bit harder than I thought, but with this
existing code, I think I can get it to run.

Fine, and with the KWord code we will also get a check for newer syntax
versions, so a similar situation will at least warn the user in future about
such problems.

> > In my personal opinion, in this case I would "drop" the support for the
> > old file format (or someone writes/copies the export filter) and go for a
> > consistent format, as KSpread is not that widely used yet and the
> > complication is only, that if you open it in old KSpread a new file,
> > every column/row is "resized" into a too small height/width. There is no
> > data loss and with a simple resize you can see the content of the new
> > format perfectly.
>
> Right. Well, that's a possible approach, I'm not against it (but you might
> get a few bug reports from people opening their old files ;)

Not the old files, but the new files with old KSpread, or from people opening
files with KSpread from cvs which they saved within the last week.

Okay, I cannot finish it now, but Tuesday evening I should be able to check it
in - a bit late, but it should really go in for the Beta.

Philipp