List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    KSpread functions
From:       Ariya Hidayat <ariya () tf ! itb ! ac ! id>
Date:       2002-03-29 17:28:07

At the moment, KSpread has almost 200 built-in function ('grep -c
addModule kspread_interpreter.cc'), still far away from Gnumeric (which
has 300+). Now a quick look at Gnumeric source code shows that somehow
Gnumeric incorporates a few math routines taken from R Project
(www.r-project.org).

What I propose:

(1) break kspread_interpreter.cc apart, much like what has been discussed
here before.

(2) take a look at R Project (which is GPL) to see possibility of having
some its math stuff in KSpread. or perhaps take it directly from Gnumeric.

I'm quite busy right now so if someone can afford to do it, please do so.
Otherwise, I'll try to tackle it after Beta.

Regards,

Ariya