List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: dBASE filter
From:       Ariya Hidayat <ariya () tf ! itb ! ac ! id>
Date:       2002-03-29 10:39:50

OK, this's a bit faster than I thought before (thanks to Pietz) so I've
just committed it, I couldn't resist :-P.  So KSpread now can import dBASE
files. If anyone feels it's not yet ready for Beta, feel free to disable.

In the mean time, I put application/x-base as Mime Type for dBASE files
(*.dbf). This, of course, goes to kdelibs. I noticed that there's no
standard KDE icon yet for database document.

OTOH, could someone also add an entry for this filter at
www.koffice.org/filters/status.phtml ? As for the status, I think Beta
should be appropriate.

Of course there's a bunch of things for improvement (and I'm lack of
time), like support for dBASE II, IV, V, and FoxPro/Clipper variants,
handling Memo field, and perhaps an export filter as well. Patches are
welcomed.

Regards,

Ariya