List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Kivio and Kugar?
From:       Nathan Murphy <nathanmurphy333 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-03-26 0:02:38

> >I propose changing the name Kivio to Koncept.  It
> >implies creating an outline for an idea.  I also
> >propose maintaining its current icon.
> >
> >I also propose changing the name Kugar to KReports.
>

> Does these names are not protected by companies ?

That was a good point Robert. A search on Google will
indicate that KReports is not in use for any type of
computer software or much of anything else either.
Koncept is a fairly common spelling, but it does not
appear to be in use regarding computer software
either.  I have downloaded the sources for both
programs from CVS and started converting Kugar's files
to KReports.  Does anyone have a opinion on this?
David, do you mind if I send you the final product of
this endeavor for review and then inclusion into
KOffice?  If the Kugar to KReports conversion goes
without incident I would like a CVS account to perform
the same function on Kivio to Koncept.  (I also plan
on updating the documentation on these
programs/KOffice and submitting updated web pages to
the webmasters at www.KOffice.org to complete the
change).  I expect these both to be done by the
KOffice 1.2 beta2 freeze, but certainly by beta3.
Stencil sets should be added to Kivio/Koncept by
beta3. Cheers.

Nathan