List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kword bugs - anything I should work on?
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2002-03-25 18:02:57

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 09:43:49AM -0500, Ellis Whitehead wrote:
> On Monday 25 March 2002 06:09, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 12:33:54PM -0500, Ellis Whitehead wrote:
>
> > > - Pressing enter after a paragraph often changes the current font
> >
> > Can't reproduce..
>
> I've attached a kword document that exibits this problem.  It has a single
> line of text ("Times New Roman [Xft]") which is in that font.  If you go to
> the end of the line and type more text, the new text is also in Times New
> Roman.  Now press enter.  Anything you type is now in a some bitmapped font
> on my machine.  I don't know off-hand how to recreate this condition in a
> document, but it's the case for a number of paragraphs (but not all) in
> another document I'm editing.

Wierd...

> > > - Tabs don't work
> >
> >     As you expect probably; since they work like I like them :)
>
> Hmm... when I try them again now they work.  What was happening before was
> that the tab markers in the top ruler were just being ignored.  If this
> happens again I'll make a note of how to reproduce it.
Ah, ok. Trying this I see another bug; Laurent added the autocorrect bahavior
to not allow double spaces; it seems that I can't type double tabs anymore either,
this is not correct!

> > > - Pasting a single space sets the font of the succeeding character to
> > > whatever the font of the copied space was.
> >
> > Which is correct.  Please don't change that.
>
> Ok.  Then there is the problem of undo not reverting the font change.

Hmm, re-reading it.
Do you mean that in an existing sentence you past a char and the next char
changes all of a sudden?
I thought you meant that typing after that char was pasted it was incorrect.
If you meant the former; then this is a bug.