List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kword bugs - anything I should work on?
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2002-03-25 11:09:13

On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 12:33:54PM -0500, Ellis Whitehead wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm starting to work on using koffice to create math & physics documents.  The
> following are some of the kword problems I ran across while trying to write
> up a problem solution.
>
> - Wrong current font often shown in font combobox
That is because of the qfont and qfontdatabase. The first thing to do is to fix
the font combobox to allow a setting to not show bitmap fonts. The kfontselect
dialog allready does so.
Then there are some problems I did not get into yet that
- the qt font database shows one font more then ones in different places sometimes
- a created qfont does not always map to the font database. Maybe this can be fixed
  by ONLY creating qfonts by asking the font database to create them.

> - Insert | Special Character sets whole document to selected font.
Oops..
> - Pixel cut off from bottom of hanging letters in some fonts
> - Ctrl+I doesn't activate Italics (some others don't work too)
> - Pressing enter after a paragraph often changes the current font
Can't reproduce..

> - Tabs don't work
    As you expect probably; since they work like I like them :)
Maybe you want to provide the user with some default tab positions in the default
styles of the default templates..
> - Highlighting a kformula frame within a paragraph highlights the whole
> paragraph
Same for tables; there is something wrong with the hardest code in the whole of koffice,
the kanchor draw method. (I think)

> - Pasting a single space sets the font of the succeeding character to whatever
> the font of the copied space was.
Which is correct.  Please don't change that.

> The Ctrl+I problem is definitely up my alley, so I'll take a look into that in
> the next few days.  Are there any others that might be recommened or
> cautioned against for a koffice neophite?

Take a look in the kwcanvas file first; I think its in there.
Other stuff; take your pick from my comments above :)