List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    [patch] kword spell-checking
From:       till busch <buti () gmx ! at>
Date:       2002-03-25 1:45:57

hi,

here comes my first patch for the background spell checking in kword (maybe
useful in other apps, too).
it's not much more functional than the original version yet, though i tried to
make it somewhat cleaner.. the real cleanup in koBgSpellCheck is still not
done -- to make the patch a bit smaller.
i had to move away from the kdelibs kspell-implemetation, as it has many heavy
flaws, which i can't correct because of kde 3.0's near release. (at least
people in #kde told me not to). so i added two more files to lib/kotext/:
kospell.cc and kospell.h, which are contained in the tarball attatched.
spell-as-you go works for typing.. there is still the paragraph deletion
problem, which i will face next, if everything is ok.
maybe i should also readd some qtimers - to delay the background things.

comments?

btw. i'd really like to get cvs-write-access to koffice, if possible.

greetings,
- till

["patch_buti_1.bz2" (application/x-bzip2)]
["kospell.tar.bz2" (application/x-tbz)]