List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Custom variables - 2 menu entries. (Kword).
From:       Mike McBride <mpmcbride7 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-03-24 6:21:34

On Sun, 2002-03-24 at 01:11, laurent Montel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Mike McBride wrote:
>
> > Just a quick question to make sure I am not missing something.
> >
> > I believe that there are currently two menuentries for "Custom
> > Variables". One of these menu entries is greyed out.
> >
> > Is there going to be a difference between:
> >
> > Insert -> Variable -> Custom -> Custom Variable (which is working)
> >
> > and
> >
> > Tools -> Custom Variable (which is always greyed out)?
>
> No it's not always greyed out.
> When we add a new custom variable this item is enabled.
> This item allow to change custom variable value, so when there is not
> custom variabnle it's not necessary that it enable.

Laurent,

This is not what I am seeing on my CVS copy (2 days old).  I have a
document with a custom variable (Editor), with a value for the variable
(Bob), and Tools -> Custom Variable is still greyed out.

Returning to my original question:  What seperates Tools -> Custom
Variable from the same apparent menu entry under Insert -> Variable ->
Custom -> Custom Variable (Which currently allows me to change the
values of my custom variables)?  They seem to be the same to me.

Please explain the difference so my documentation will reflect the
differences.

Mike