List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice-1.2 release schedule
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-03-20 21:26:28

On Monday 18 March 2002 17:40, David Faure wrote:
> The current release schedule for KOffice-1.2 (previously discussed here,
> and described at
> http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/koffice-1.2-release-plan.html
> ) reads: the first beta is made on April 10 - i.e. in about three weeks.
>
> Is that still ok with everyone?

As everybody seems to have given theirs status, I think it is the time that I
do mine.

*KoPicture*
The first phase is finished, even if the old code (KoImage, KoClipart) is not
deleted yet. Before a second phase, KPresenter's code for displaying images
should be made more "KWord-compatible". (Any volunteer?)

*Libexport*
I plan some changes about exporting the frames. However, as it would
influence all libexport-based export filters, it is for after Beta 1.

*KWord's HTML export*
The next big step would be non-inline images/cliparts/frames. However, I do
not know if I can do it without changing libexport too much.

*AbiWord*
Here I am trying to do everything that is not related to lists or
headers/footers. Lists and headers/footes will need great changes in the
filter (I am not even sure if it is not a job for KOffice post-1.2)

*DocBook export*
W.-M. Bolle wanted to work again on his filter, when KDE 3 would be released.
Therefore I suppose that the results will be post-Beta1.

Have a nice day/evening/night!