List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice-1.2 release schedule
From:       Patrick Julien <freak () ideasandassociates ! com>
Date:       2002-03-18 19:04:13

David Faure wrote:
> The current release schedule for KOffice-1.2 (previously discussed here,
> and described at http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/koffice-1.2-release-plan.html \
>                 )
> reads: the first beta is made on April 10 - i.e. in about three weeks.
>
> Is that still ok with everyone?
>
> What's the current status on the big rewrites, such as
> - Krita

Still a lot of work to do, I really don't want to release until I've got
Undo/Redo working across the app, otherwise I'm afraid people will
probably write off the application has a toy.

Not only that, but there are performance problems.  Nobody ever used the
paint brush while they had a compile going it seems :).

to fix, but I'm guessing this is a feature users might want to have.

> - Kontour
> - KPresenter
> - (any big plans from the new KSpread hackers?)
> ?
>
> and what's the status on the new stuff, such as
> - Filter architecture
> - Karbon
> - New filters, etc.
> ?
>
> Please note that KOffice will be open for new features after beta1.
> For beta1 the apps should simply be useable enough and stable enough.
> The beta will help gathering bug reports about problems and missing \
> features, from wider testing than just people who compile the CVS \
> regularly.
> If you think the application you maintain won't be in a releaseable shape
> in 3 weeks, now is the time to speak up!

I guess I'm speaking up.

--
Patrick Julien
Team Leader / Lead Developer